Again Keychron has introduced their new keyboard Keychron K2 V2 is an upgrade version from the previous model. The new version 2 design is changed and comes with Bluetooth 5.1 and multiple typing angle options.
In this topic, I here describe you every detail of the Keychron K2 V2 mechanical keyboard. It comes under the best 75% mechanical keyboard.
Keychron K2 V2 Review
In the box it comes with several essential items that will help you setup. So lets see what is inside the box:
- Extra keycaps: Additional keycaps are helpfully included to modify the keyboard for Windows or Mac use.
- Power cable: The power cable included is a nice black braided cable. The head is at a 90-degree angle to fit into the recessed area on the keyboard (more about this later!).
- Wire Keycap Puller: A wire keycap puller is included to make the process of switching out keycaps really quick and easy.
- Wrist Rest: If you would like extra wrist support, Keychron sells a really nice wood wrist rest. It looks classy and I’ve found it to be really comfortable. I highly recommend getting one if you tend to have wrist pain from typing.
Keychron K2 v2 Build Quality
This keyboard is also has come with an aluminum frame model which gives you extra quite solid build.
it comes to build, lighting, and keycaps (varying in price), allowing you to pick and choose the qualities you would like to see.
The USB port of this keyboard placed on the left side. The K2 V2 features an angled case design and adjustable kickstands to achieve a variety of typing angles.
Keycaps of Keychron K2 V2
In this keyboard keycaps made from ABS Plastic. Also you have an option to use PBT Keycaps.
The keycaps are on the K2 V2 are double-shot injected keycaps with sub legends also having a shine-through effect. This is a small touch that I appreciate a lot. Most companies would simply print the legends on.
Keychron Use Switches
This keyboard you will get Brown Switches. Here are usage of the RED, Blue and Brown Switches.
- Red: These switches are super smooth, linear, quiet, and great for gaming.
- Blue: Gateron blues are super loud and clicky. They may be satisfying to use, but an annoyance to anyone else in the room.
- Brown: Gateron browns are tactile switches, so they will have a medium noise level. These can be a good choice for general typing use or even for gaming.
This device support Mac/Windows and Android. There is in the keyboard you will get a changer between Windows and Mac OS functionality.
You can also add Mac function keycaos can easily be added to the keyboard for use with a Mac laptop or desktop.
It is a good feature to having that wireless and wired connectivity. And it can be connected with symentenously up to 3 devices. You can switch easily between them.
Overall, I am pleased with the much-needed changes Keychron has brought to this keyboard.
The Keychron K2 V2 answers to most of the criticisms from the original design, creating a keyboard that is now a top 75% keyboard contender.
It is evident from these changes that Keychron cares about consumer wishes, something I definitely appreciate. In future models, I hope to see hot-swappable capabilities and relocation of the USB port so I can use my custom cable.
This could be a great option for gamers or someone looking for a more compact option from a full-size keyboard. The customization options truly allow you to tailor the keyboard to your specific needs.
Aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to type on, the Keychron K2 V2 is a steadfast, high-quality keyboard that would work for a variety of purposes.
Remember to check out the Keychron K2 V2 here if you think it might be for you.